Gothenburg Meeting December 2-3, 2010. Theme: Unaccompanied minors
Location: The Nordic School of Public Health, Nya Varvet, Gothenburg, Lecture room: ISLAND
- Notes from the meeting taken by secretary Cajsa Malmström.
- Emad Al-Rozzi’s presentation: ”Care in Transition for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children at Care Centers in Norway: Basic Reflections”.
- Maria Brendler –Lindqvist’s presentation: ”Assessing age or assessing needs –age assessment of unaccompanied refugee children in medical literature”.
- Sofie Haug Changezi’s presentaion: ”Unaccompanied refugee youth resettling: The challenges on entering Norwegian secondary school”.
- Heaven Crawley’s presentation ”When is a child not a child? Asylum, age disputes and the process of age assessment”.
- Ravi Kohli’s presentation: ”Safety, belonging and success in the lives of unaccompanied asylum seeking children”.
- Karoline B. Seglem’s presentation: ”Unaccompanied minors after resettlement: Reconstruction of social network and social support”.
- Marianne Vervliet’s presentation: ”Afghan unaccompanied refugee minors in Belgium. Expectations, agency and psychosocial wellbeing”.
- Charles Watters’ presentation: ”Unaccompanied Minors: International Challenges, Local Solutions”.
Program for the meeting, please read here.
Network Meeting Copenhagen 3-4 June 2010, Theme: Longitudinal Studies on Refugee Children
Please read Cécile Rousseau’s notes from Copenhagen meeting
Please read Anders Hjern’s presentation: Long-term adaptation of refugee children in Sweden; A 15-25 year follow-up
Please read Kathrine Vitus' presentation: Children or asylum children in Norway and Denmark in discourse, politics and practices
Please read Edith Montgomery's presentation: Follow-up studies of refugee children – A literature review
Please read Cécile Rousseau's presentation: Longitudinal research with refugees: Understanding the complex effects of time